The black and white image below is the Fargo Great Northern Depot, as photographed by Farm Security Administration photographer Arthur Rothstein, in 1939. Toggle the slider back and forth to switch between then and now.
The color image is the depot as it appeared in 2015.
The old depot went through a period of dereliction when its railroad days ended, but it was renovated in the 1990s and became a restaurant and brew pub. Several unsuccessful restaurant ventures attempted to make their home in the old depot, but today it is home to a company that pays respect to its railroad legacy with a familiar logo and complimentary name–the Great Northern Bicycle Company.